Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pumpkin is one of my goldfish. I would say "our" goldfish, but she is really mine. I can go on about that topic but... another time.
Pumpkin got a body sore about three weeks ago. when I found it the sore was just a couple of millimeters across. Now it is the size of a dime. For a goldfish that is just under 6 inches long, that is HUGE.
I did the research and antibiotics was suggested. I started with using a concentration of salt and some natural medicine instead. That didn't work. Took me about a week to figure that out. The sore gets bigger. I have some Tetracycline that you simply pour into the tank, so I tried that. No good. The sore gets bigger. I move on to another antibiotic that goes in the tank with no luck again. Now I am up to penicillin injections. No, really! I have given her two so far about 24 hours apart. There seems to be some improvement, but for a sore that size.. Well, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment