Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A moment of silence

Wonder the Rescue Fish is dead.

This obsession started a couple of months ago when I was visiting a local Mom and Pop Aquarium shop. I needed some supplies for my goldfish tank and thought I would look around before I got what I needed.
That is when I saw Wonder.
She (my wife said she was definitely female) was upside down in a large tank that was filled with dead and dying goldfish. Some of the fish had been dead for days, considering their current state of decomposition. She would, from time to time, do nose spins trying to get off of the bottom of the tank.
I left.
When I got home, sitting in front of the TV, I couldn't stop thinking about her. She was a large Ryukin, gold in color, with most of her tail fins eaten off. Still, she had my heart. She had a look of nobility about her that I couldn't get away from.
I went back to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment